Licensure information for Smog Check inspectors, Smog Check repair technicians, and brake and lamp adjusters
- Smog Check Inspector / Qualifications and Requirements
- Smog Check Repair Technician / Qualifications and Requirements
- Brake Adjuster
- Lamp Adjuster
Smog Check Inspectors and Repair Technicians
Smog Check inspectors and Smog Check repair technicians must renew their licenses every two years.
For more information, see the renewal requirement below. Visit the Online License Renewal page to begin the renewal process.
Brake and Lamp Adjusters
Brake and lamp adjuster licenses expire every four years. Licensed adjusters do not renew their license, but rather resubmit an initial application and fees to retake the examination prior to their license expiration date.
- Frequently Asked Questions
- License Processing Data
- Expedited Licensure for Refugees, Asylees, and Holders of Special Immigrant Visas
- Assistance for Veterans, Military Personnel, and Their Spouses/Domestic Partners
- GI Bill May Cover Licensing Exam Fees
- Potential License Denial or Suspension for Failure to Pay Taxes