The Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) licenses and regulates automotive repair dealers and technicians
who specialize in the inspection and repair of lamp, brake, and smog control systems. BAR's Enforcement
Division mediates consumer complaints, conducts investigations, disciplines registered auto repair dealers
who fail to comply with the Automotive Repair Act or its regulations, and takes action against unlicensed individuals.
- Enforcement Actions
- April 11, 2019 – Consumer Complaint Leads to Action Against Downey Automotive Repair Dealer
- April 11, 2019 – Los Alamitos Automotive Repair Dealer Accused of Fraud
- July 21, 2018 - Search Warrant Served at Smog Station in Central Los Angeles
- May 29, 2018 - Merced Auto Body Shop Accused of Fraud
- May 24, 2018 - Consumer Complaints Lead to Action Against Sacramento Area Auto Body Shop
- April 4, 2018 - Statewide Sting Targets Smog Check Defeat Devices
Please note: The individuals or entities identified herein were found to be performing automotive repairs without a valid registration on the date of the citation and may have subsequently become registered. For the most up-to-date licensing information, please visit the Department of Consumer Affairs license verification page: DCA Web License Look Up.