Find a Station/License Status
Select from the options below to find license and discipline information for stations and licensees registered or licensed by the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR).
- Automotive Repair Dealers (ARD)
- Brake Stations
- Lamp Stations
- Smog Check Repair Only Stations
- Smog Check Test Only and Test and Repair Stations
Technicians / Adjusters
- Click on a specific type of license (e.g., Smog Check Stations). Search by entering information using any of the options below:
Business Name: Partial names may be used for a search, OR you may narrow your search by entering the city or county.
Inspector/Technician/Adjuster Name: Enter the last name, OR you may narrow your search by entering the first name and any additional criteria. For example, if you want all the Smiths in Los Angeles, enter Smith in Last Name and Los Angeles in the City box. All Smiths located in Los Angeles will be displayed.
City: You may search for all stations/licenses in a city, OR you may narrow your search by entering a name or license number.
County: You may search for all stations/licenses in a county, OR you may narrow your search by entering a name or license number.
- When you have completed your search following the instructions above, click on the name of a specific station or licensee to view all registration/license information for that station or licensee.
- Cancelled: Automotive Repair Dealer registration has been delinquent for more than three years; Smog Check technician license has been delinquent for more than five years; or the license has been cancelled upon request by the licensee. The right to operate a business or perform work under this license has ended.
- Delinquent: License has expired and has not been renewed. A delinquent license may be reinstated within three years of expiration. Licensees do not have the right to operate a business or perform work under a delinquent license.
- Denied: License denied pursuant to Section 11350.6 of the Welfare and Institutions Code. Any questions should be directed to the Department of Consumer Affairs, Family Support Unit.
- Revoked: The right to operate a business or perform work under this license has been completely taken away. A revoked license is the result of a disciplinary action.
- Suspended: The licensee is prohibited from operating the business or performing work under this license for a specific period of time. A suspended license is the result of a disciplinary action.
- Valid: License is current and valid.