Laws and Regulations Resources
California Air Resources Board Regulatory Actions
- Disciplinary Guidelines
- Minimum Brake Inspection Standards
- Windshield Replacement Standards
- Electronic Estimates and Advertising Requirements
BAR Laws and Regulations
- 2014 Manual (PDF)
- California Legislation Web Site
To find the Bureau of Automotive Repair (BAR) regulations, read the
following "Instructions" and then click on the "BAR
Instructions: The link will take you to the "California Code of Regulations" index. From there, click on "Title 16. Professional and Vocational Regulations." Click on the plus sign (+) next to "Division 33. Bureau of Automotive Repair" to expand Division 33. Bureau of Automotive Repair. You will see BAR's regulations listed. Click on the + to expand the articles, then click on the links to reveal the BAR Regulations.
- To find BAR's area of the "California Business and Professions Code", click on the "California Business and Professions Code" link. From there, scroll to Division 3, Chapter 20.3 and click on the desired section link to the right of the description to reveal the desired area of the code.
- To find BAR's area of the "California Health and Safety Code", click on the "California Health and Safety Code" link. From there, scroll to the desired section and click on the link to reveal the desired area of the code.
- Disciplinary Guidelines (HTML or PDF)