Right Column

About Filing A Complaint...

The Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) is California's consumer protection agency. It licenses and regulates auto repair dealers, Smog Check stations, and dozens of other professions. BAR is a part of DCA. 

If you wish to complain about an auto repair facility or smog check station, you must file a written complaint on BAR's standard form or use the on-line complaint form  (see " 3 Ways to File A Complaint" ).  

You may call DCA at 800-952-5210 to speak with a consumer information specialist about filing a complaint or to obtain pre-printed complaint forms.

Other Complaint Related Links: